Saturday, November 12, 2016

Another 3 weeks

Well I have decided to stick with this diet for another 3 weeks. According to my dietician I went carb crazy when I started. Ooops! So the plan is to stay under 150g of carbs a day. 90g of protein and no limit on fat. 10g of sugar or less for ever meal. I also have to eat CFP every meal (carb fat protein) with one of those things either being a veggie or a fruit. That is pretty much the basis of the diet. It's a lot different from keto were I am not so restricted. Here is a list of the things I can eat:

Complex Carbs:
Barely
Black beans (which I don't like)
brown rice
corn
garbanzo beans
kidney beans
lentils
milk
oatmeal
pinto beans
quinoa
raw fruit: apples, oranges, grapefruits, grapes, blueberries, kiwi, bananas, starfruit, mango, pears, pinapples
sprouted or ezekial bread
sweet potatoes or yams
wheatberries
whole grain bread, english muffins, or 1/2 bagel
whole grain cerels and cereal bars
whole grain couscous
whole grain tortillas
yogurt (which I hate)

Protein:
greek yogurt (which I hate)
cows milk
nuts and seeds
nut butters
fish
cheese
beans
lean meats
quinoa
eggs
edamame
tofu
whole oats
whole grain cereals

Fats:
avacados
nuts
seeds
nut butters <10g sugar
flax seeds
chia seeds
fatty fish
tofu
extra virgin olive oil
coconut oil
cheese
grass-fed butter

And that's it!
No weight lost or gained. I plan on doing yoga 2x a week. This way of eating makes sense so far to me and it's something I can see myself doing for the rest of my life, unlike keto.

No comments:

Post a Comment