Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Back on Track: a little TMI!

I had a really nice time with meeting with people that support me at my pizza party. But now it's time to get back on track. One way to get back into ketosis after a cheat meal is to take a tablespoon of coconut oil. I did that this morning. Also after all that pizza I am bloated and a little TMI: I haven't pooed yet which I have a normal poo schedule so when its off I'm off. So to help that there the coconut oil, I took enough this morning that something should happen in about a half hour. I don't have any plans today so I though what a better way to detoxify the body ;) If you know what I mean. Me and the toilet are going to be best friends by the end of the day. I also ate 3 slices of bacon for breakfast.

Bulletproof Coffee:
coffee of your choice (I like Seattle's Dancing Goats)
Creamer of your choice (I use unsweetened almond milk, but you can use coconut milk or heavy cream or half and half)
Sweetener (I use Stevia.)
Coconut oil (if you have never had coconut oil before start with a half tablespoon then work up to a tablespoon. If you take in too much too soon then you'll be friends with the toilet all day too. I learned that the hard way)
Optional: Grass fed Butter (since I am doing no dairy I have not been putting butter in my coffee, I miss it but I really recommend it.)

Then usually I just mix it with a blender or magic mullet. I pour my coffee over ice, I just like cold coffee verses hot. But enjoy how you like.

If you are thinking about doing the ketogenic diet things I recommend are:
1. Getting a magic bullet. They are soon convenient when you are making self served meals. They are perfect for shakes, smoothies, coffee, recipes, ect. I will attach a link here on where you can purchase one: magic bullet.
2. Ridding your pantry or kitchen of bad food. If you have family members that are not doing the diet I would recommend making a section of the pantry of kitchen that is just there food. Knowing this you are not allowed to go in there drawer or cabinet. It is much easier if you can rid the kitchen of these temptations.
3. Grocery shopping for all the new food you will be eating. I will go into a detailed blog next time more about this, so stay tuned ;)

~Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment