Thursday, August 11, 2016

Lunch options

Without bread and a bun how are we going to make a sandwich? Well today I am going to share with you a few lunch options and a quick easy bread to make.

First off, there are many ways to make a sandwich without bread. One of my favorites is lettuce wraps. I like to put mayo and ham and mustard on a lettuces wrap and roll it up. You can also put chicken strips inside anything, add some cheese if you want.

Another way to make a sandwich with no bread is hollowed out cucumbers. I love this idea. I love putting mustard and cream cheese on a hollowed out cucumber and then putting ham inside.

Salads are also a great lunch option. I love spinach salads. Spinach with avocado, chicken, or ham, bacon, cheese, cucumbers, with a balsamic dressing, Full fat dressing are really good too! Make sure that you check the sugar and carb contents before buying it though. 

If these veggie sandwiches don't sound appealing you can try my super fast bread recipe. All it is is 1/2 cup of almond flour (not almond meal) and 1 egg. Place both ingredients into a bowl and mix. It will turn into a batter type consistency. Then I usually get a Tupperware lid but you can use a plate too. Spread the batter on the Tupperware lid to make a square. Place in the microwave for 90 seconds give or take depending on your microwave. It might get bubble in it and that OK
. It shouldn't need more that 90 seconds. Just make sure the egg is cooked all the way. take out and cut in half. This recipe only makes one slice of bread so if you want two double the recipe.

I like to put mayo on the almond bread and then put spinach, egg, (cheese), bacon and salt and pepper on it. It's so delicious, it's a really good breakfast sandwich.

Some other breakfast options are: my keto coffee, bacon and eggs, blueberry/chocolate chip keto muffins.

Hope this was helpful. 

~Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment