Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Insulin to High

I decide to write a quick post this morning to get you up to speed on why am I am doing this diet. I went to the doctor yesterday and she told me again my insulin level was 164. She will be checking it once a month to make sure I am making progress and the number is decreasing. I was excited to find out that people that start this diet loose weight fast right when they get into ketosis. Which I will talk more about ketosis later. But when I went to the doctor she says I am going to be pretty steady for a few month without loosing weight. Every month my insulin will be checked like I said but I wouldn't be in fat burning zone until I reach 9. I'm starting at 164. So she said its going to feel like a lot of work for nothing. Also she said day 3 and day 5 are going to be the hardest days of the diet. With the other tests she's done they have found that I have yeast in my colon. I am taking medication for that and she says once that goes away I wouldn't crave carbs. Let my write my macros out that I can have.

Start diet: February 8, 2016
Start weight: 200lb
Calories: 1,629
Carbs (net): <28g
Fats: 135g
Protein: 73g
Water: 100oz

In about a month if i loose any I will have to recalculate these to make sure I am on target. OK, now let me talk about ketosis real quick. So what is ketosis? Your body's second preferred source of energy is fat; when carbohydrates are not easily accessible, your body turns to fats to get the energy it needs. When this happens, the liver breaks down fat into fatty acids and then breaks down these fatty acids into an energy rich substance called ketones or ketone bodies. The presence of ketones bodies in the blood is called ketosis. The goal of a ketogenic diet is to kick your body into long term ketosis, essentially turning it into a fat burning machine. It takes about 2-7 days to get into ketosis.

It's going to be difficult but I done hard stuff before. I just need to stay positive.
-Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment